Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a day

Today's just one of those days.
Hudson is getting more mobile, which means he is much more aware of my absence. Which means he howls if he realizes I'm not in the room. Which means I'm not getting much accomplished. Which means the house looks like a bomb went off and there's not much I can do about it.

But that doesn't mean I want to be frustrated. I know his needs come first. So to cheer myself up, I'm going to list all the things I have done today. Maybe things aren't finished anywhere, but I have done things. Important, albeit little, things.

Today (not necessarily in this order) I have:
  • gotten the entire family out of the house at 8 for an 8:30 doctor's appointment
  • nursed Hudson
  • run the dishwasher
  • washed all but one of the handwash dishes
  • sorted a pile of clean socks
  • put away the towels and Hudson's clothes
  • nursed Hudson to sleep
  • "made" lunch (reheated leftovers)
  • got a shower (I remember the days when that wasn't a thing to take for granted)
  • put dirty clothes in the back hamper
  • folded about 12 pieces of clothes on the girls' floor (they'll help by putting it away later, but I figured I'd get a head start on my part of the job. Don't ask why it's on the floor.)
  • put away the stack of DVDs and videos on the armoire
  • nursed Hudson
  • cleared off the dining room table
  • read books to the girls
  • put all the boots back in their bin and in the back room
Not too bad for a day when I "can't get anything accomplished!" :)

No comments: