Saturday, March 20, 2010

lovely outing

Wow. I've completely forgotten my positive thoughts for the week.
But instead of getting down on myself, which wouldn't be very positive, I'll just do some now!

...and then some pictures from today :)

~we tried a new Italian place for dinner tonight, thanks to restaurant.com. It was delicious. We celebrated Josh's dad's birthday, and the kids were perfect. Absolutely perfect. We were there 2 hours, and they couldn't have been better. So proud.

~Josh and I are getting much better on Beatles Rock Band. We really enjoy it! He's almost always on drums and I prefer bass (I can hear the bass lines far easier than most guitar lines, unless it's a very guitar-y song like "Dear Prudence") and the girls like to bounce around between the other guitar and the mic, and begging Josh for a turn on the drums.

~there are buds on my lilac bush! I know it will be almost 2 months before it blooms (at which time we'll see this:
again. Which reminds me. Now that it's not snowing all the time, I need to start putting the flag out again. I love it!

~Jasmine and Josh are playing tennis together on Wii Sports. They're really cute and she's getting good at it, so it's actually fun for both of them. Of course, now they've moved on to boxing and she knocked him out quickly, which surprised everyone (except her; she has no shortage of confidence!)

~it feels like spring. It was still on the cool side today, but the sun is out, there are little green shoots in our garden, and I have the urge to clean!

Today we went to a park that doesn't have a playground, but is absolutely gorgeous. We can't let the kids just run, because there's water everywhere...so we didn't stay terribly long. But I got some fun pictures (not all child-centered, either! I'm trying to get some for the photo challenge):

(remember him? He's the kid rarely showing up in photos these days, since he just won't stand still long enough for me to get the camera in focus. And that's with an SLR with no lag!! )

Bekah liked the little pebbles by this pond. She thought they were more fun than the mallard swimming around.

Jasmine, ever ready for a perfect pose.

Isn't this beautiful? This was as slow as my camera could go in the bright sunlight....someday I'd love to go back when it's darker out so it could be slower and get more of an "ethereal" look, but it's still fun.


One of the themes for the contest is "broken" and I loved the look of this bench. It's so almost inviting, but I wouldn't recommend actually sitting on it!

We're not sure why, but this was actually in the pond. I don't remember it being under water when we were there last (almost 2 years ago) but it doesn't look like it's easy to move, so I don't know the story here.

No comments: