Friday, March 12, 2010

attempting the impossible (being positive today)


This picture is from yesterday, believe it or not ;) See all that ice in the bottom corner? Yeah. There's a reason they don't charge the normal $8 to park at Goat Island this time of year. We were only allowed to walk on one small area; the rest of the island is blocked off. Which makes sense, because the mist from the Falls just constantly freezes.

That's what I'm thankful for. That we saw the Falls in "winter," but that we didn't have to pay for it or stay out very long. And that it's Friday.

I'm in a rather grumpy mood, so that's as positive as I'm getting. Bekah just brought me a pile of at least 6 books to read her...

1 comment:

ChloƩ said...

Soetimes you gotta be satisfied with what you have... Gorgeous pic, BTW, but knowing your love for winter-cold-snowy-icy stuff, I can only imagine why you were happy to leave! LOL