Monday, August 02, 2010

Bekah

I could say I'd write about each child one day this week, but I know my track record. So I'll write about all of them now!




Bekah. The middle child. The easy-going daughter. The ham.


Bekah is one of the most intelligent people I know. I'm getting a glimpse of what Josh must have been like at 3, quietly soaking in life and occasionally making clever, often witty, comments on life. And learning by osmosis. I'm so jealous.

Lately she's been bringing me huge stacks of books to have me read to her. She's halfway through the reading book, so she's starting to sound out words she sees in her world. I love seeing the world opening up to her!

She likes to be the polar opposite of Jasmine. So when Jasmine decided she adored pink, Bekah chose blue. She prefers pants and shorts, while Jasmine won't wear anything but dresses and skirts. She likes anything Jasmine claims to hate (scary movies, lettuce, dogs).

She has two volumes (one up from Jasmine's loud); almost-hearable and too-loud-to-understand.

And I can't imagine loving her more than I do right now.

No comments: