Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pet Peeves

1. Blog posts with no pictures in them

2. planning grocery lists around last week's weather, only to find out the current week is the opposite. So I now have 4 things I could make for dinner tonight and tomorrow, all of which involve far too much oven time for the heat we're getting again.

3. ironing.

4. complaining. whining. nagging.
Good thing I'm not doing any of that!

5. store names with purposefully-misspelled words. "Rite" and "valu" are some of the most common, but daycare centers are the worst culprits. I would hate to have my child thinking "castle" really looks more normal with a K! not cute.

6. spiders. books that star spiders and make them look like the good guys.
Hey, have I mentioned that I'm reading the girls Charlotte's Web? They're loving it. What a great book.

7. thinking I got the perfect photo, only to get home and realize it's nothing like what it looked in-camera.


Speaking of camera, I've been watching a live seminar of an absolutely incredible photographer the past few days. I've missed more than I've seen, but even though she's a wedding photographer and I highly doubt I'll go that route, I've picked up some awesome ideas and ways to look at my hobby!! I can't wait to give some things a try and to ponder her suggestions a little more. It will be fun to see how that helps my direction, when I'm shooting pictures of the kids or getting out and trying other shots. Hope it helps for next year's photo contest :)

No comments: