Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Taking the Next Step

I think it's obvious that I spent most of 2011 focusing (ha! get it?) on photography.
The result is, in order of when things happened,
~an etsy store,
~a Facebook Fan Page
~my own store
~gigs that came my way with no promotion of my own
~leading a weekly photo challenge (tomorrow will be the first theme!!)


So this year should be exciting. I have no clue what will be happening, but I'm already able to see that it will stretch me. Not all stretching is easy or painless, but it's necessary for growth.

I hope to see my style continue to form.
I would love to see more details before I take the picture, instead of having to photoshop them out after the fact. I'm tired of having to clone out branches that were in front of people's faces. It's time to NOTICE.
I want to continue to use my gift, my time and my passion for God's glory. Last year I was there to meet and say goodbye to Emma. Who knows what will come my way this year?!?
I selfishly want to see my prints sell more; to have more fans; to get a bigger following...and to be chosen by Pioneer Woman for one of her photo challenges. But those are things that will hopefully just come, not something I have to work for. Just working towards.


So one of the things I'm trying to figure out is blogging. Right now I consider my Facebook fan page to be my blog for my photography. I don't want people to tune out of my "family" blog by posting all the time about pictures, but I already struggle keeping up with two blogs, so there's no way I could handle a third. Not and expect any sort of consistency.

And I don't like the way my site's galleries look. At all. I don't think they're professional looking or inviting. So I need to figure that out, too. (poor Josh!!)

My word for the year is 'willingness.' I want to be willing to try things. To accept challenges that come my way. Not just photographically, but especially in this area. So it should be fun to see what comes my way and how different my life and my pictures look in December of 2012!

No comments: