Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Growing up

Jasmine seems to be in a big hurry to grow up.
Not only is she walking, but she has gotten in 7 teeth already, and if number 8 isn't through yet, it will be very soon.

She babbles up a storm. Her newest (and my favorite so far, sorry, Josh) is "mmmmmmmmm mama." I'm not totally sure she knows what she's saying, but she's realized it makes me very excited, so she says it more around and to me than elsewhere.


The other exciting thing we're doing: we're trying to teach her some baby signs. We started a little later than many (I read that 5 months is the typical start time) but I know she'll pick up on them quickly and can start telling me she wants to nurse or get a new diaper, and we're teaching her "mommy" and "daddy" and cat (just since she's so interested in them).


I'm very thankful to say she's been taking better naps the last few weeks. They're still in my arms, but I'm fine with that. That's what I'm here for :-) and it gives me the opportunity to relax and spend time online, instead of chasing her and taking the floor fuzzies out of her mouth!

No comments: