Monday, January 30, 2006

My First Paycheck

(Another Blog Challenge)

My very first job lasted three months. I worked at Capers, otherwise known as The 9.99 Stockroom. It was minimum-wage ($4.25 way back then) and at the mall, a 15-minute drive. Dad had to take me, and he usually let me practice driving on our way home. The turnover there was horrible: I lasted much longer than any of the other "peons" or whatever they wanted to call us (our "name" tags didn't have our names on them. They knew how long we'd last!)
It wasn't a horrible job, really.
I honestly don't remember my very first paycheck, though, or what I did with it. It was probably about $20, and I likely blew it on something really important, like a Fribble Milkshake from the Friendly's next door to the store.
I did learn how to make shirts on hangers look nice, though, and when I'm trying to make our closet look amazing I'll do that to Josh's dress shirts. But I have to be pretty desparate to do that!

1 comment:

Val said...

OOoooooo, a Fribble sounds SO good! We lost our only Friendly's in town about 10 years ago. Such a tragedy!