Monday, January 23, 2006

Lies

(so, how many Blog Challenges can I give a song title to? :-)

This is hard. I'm sure I've lied, stretched the truth, left out details...but I typically choose truthfulness over tact, so it's hard to come up with anything specific.

One thing I do know I do: I tend to say I "can't" do something, when in reality, I just don't want to. I lean towards being passive-agressive, hoping by dragging my feet I can avoid the unpleasant.

Even this challenge. I seriously considered skipping it altogether, just because I couldn't come up with something on the spot. But what's the fun in that? I enjoy looking deeper into myself, trying to figure out what really makes me tick (then maybe I can figure out what Josh sees in me!) (so why was it so hard to make a scrapbook page about myself??)

The other thing that sticks out at me is memories of what a terrible liar I am. Any time I try to pretend anything, I get myself in far worse trouble. When I was in third grade, we had a writing assignment. The teacher was out of the room for a few minutes, and when I finished, I put it on her desk. A couple other students said they didn't like theirs, so ripped them up and started again. So I did the same, even though I really liked mine. So, wouldn't you know it, the teacher walked in, as I stood at her desk, ripping up my assignment!! I turned purple!!

So I make it a point to be honest, or at the very least keep my mouth shut!!

3 comments:

Val said...

LOL and being a bad liar! We should ALL be bad liars ;) Thanks for participating in the challenge!

Michelle said...

I started to laugh when I got to your part about not doing the challenge, becasue nothing came to mind... that's exactly what I'd thought! LOL! You've challenged me to think about it and see if I can getit done!
Have a great day Charlene!

Karen said...

Charlene -
A morning in the library in high school comes to mind...or was it when Mr Tisa stopped us in the hall on the way to french class without a hall pass? You ARE a terrible liar, and that's what makes us love you all the more