Monday, August 14, 2006

Bad, bad appointment

I had my prenatal appointment this afternoon.
Strike one: it wasn’t with the midwife
Strike two: it was with a male doctor I didn’t know.
Strike three: he made me sit in the office for about 30 minutes before showing up. And this was after being sent back out to the waiting room after getting my weight, etc, checked by the nurse.
Strike four (that’s how bad it was, the ump couldn’t count): they’re changing my “official” EDD to 2/7. I showed him my chart, showed him I couldn’t have possibly been pregnant nine days earlier, but they trust technology. I’m so upset. I really, really hope at my next appointment, with the midwife, she will agree we can change it back. But I don’t know.

I argued. I fought. I interrupted him. I’ve never been so forward and outspoken. But since I know that Jasmine needed the extra time, I don’t want to be rushed into this.

As a friend of mine said though…if they schedule me for an induction before I think I’m ready, nothing says I have to show up. I don’t like the saying, but it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission, and I think this is one case where I may use that. I will not be induced before the baby’s true EDD, and if they only let me go a week over, the induction would be on 2/14 (nice day, but too early).

Grrrrr....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) to you, Charlene, dos can be very stubborn sometimes! You're right to do what you feel is best for you and the baby, even if you have to argue with the doc. Hope next appointement will be better.

Love your LOs from the previous post, especially the "many faces"... She's such a cutie!!

Take care!

Chloé