Tuesday, August 22, 2006

State and County Fairs

I don't want to go to the county fair.

Why? Because I went to the State Fair when I was in high school, and had the time of my life.

I know, a little silly reasoning. But it does make sense (to my pregnant mind, anyways).

I went with Karen, one of my closest friends. We had so much fun that day. Visited the llamas in the petting zoo and fell in love with one. I spent the rest of the afternoon wishing I'd taken a picture of him, so we finally went back...and he was resting in the back of the tent, so the picture didn't turn out well.

Dippin' Dots were just starting out, and there were two booths of them. We went to each of them for free samples and then spent the day trying to figure out if the guys would recognize us, or if we could go back for more free samples.

We heard the Syracuse marching band warm up...using the same warmups we used!

I know we did other things, but those are the memories I held onto the most clearly. It was such a fun day, and I'm afraid that going again would be so different, I'd walk away disappointed.

Thanks for putting the bar so high, Karen :D

1 comment:

Karen said...

I had completely forgotten until you reminded me what a blast we had. Remember the baked potatoes and the super-ultra-rich whole chocolate milk? Mmmmmm....
Yeah, we had a great time. Remember all the Star Trek cards I bought? Yeah, I'm a geek, I'm at peace with it.
We'll have to go again soon...not much compares to the NY State Fair. In New England they merge all their state fairs into one called the "Big E" (Eastern States Exposition - or something like that)...I haven't been - I'd rather drive to Syracuse.
Though, I have to admit I had a great time at the Washington County (RI) Fair with friends of mine. We watched horse pulls and cheesy country music bands.

It wasn't as good as the State Fair, though!