Thursday, January 25, 2007

Buttons Galore!

I finally have my new kit up on our website:
(click on preview to read more)
I had so much fun making it, especially playing with all the awesome Atomic Cupcake actions I have at my fingertips (you didn't think I actually created all those awesome, realistic looks by myself, did you?)

I'm also working on another kit for Valentine's Day...it's called My Funky Valentine and is fun, bright colors. I was commenting last night to Josh that people looking at my kits really don't get a true taste of my style and color preferences, and wondered why that is. As I was falling asleep last night, I think I figured out why. Scrapbooking and designing is very right-brained (creative), which isn't my dominant side (I'm extremely left-brained). I've tried to design in more "me" colors, but find myself trying too hard...which means I'm thinking and analyzing, i.e. using my left hemisphere. So when I go with colors that inspire me, I stay on the right side, and it just flows out of me. I can't believe how much of this kit I've made in about two days...at this pace it should be available by the beginning of next week! :)

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. We meet with the midwife, and then start going out there weekly (and at this point wish her office wasn't quite so far away). I know the Lord will provide (He always does!) but I also believe prayer is awesome and effective, so I would love any prayers you would be willing to give, for the weather and roads to be clear when I go into labor. I told Josh that I think summer would be a much better time for a baby...the thought of going into a labor in a Buffalo Snowstorm isn't exactly a pleasant thought!!

Today I'm sore. We did a lot of walking last night, grocery shopping and walking through the mall in a fruitless search for a day-by-day Cathy calendar. (the calendar kiosks were gone, the bookstore is now closed, and the two stationery stores didn't have much selection. I've had her calendar the past 4 or 5 years...I can't suddenly stop now! We'll have to try Barnes and Noble or Borders, I think). But I'm in a wonderful mood, holding a sleeping little girl in my arms and thankful that I don't have to go outside at all today. Unfortunately Josh isn't coming home for lunch today and he left before I was up, but it meant he got in early today and that means he'll get home earlier tonight, so it makes it more endurable :)

Here are a few layouts I've done recently. First is two I made with Tamra Burwick's newest kit: "Let's Hear it for the Boys":
(click on this one to see it animated!)



And I've been a part of an informal challenge on TheDigiChick, where we try various different scrapping "styles" to stretch ourselves. It's been so much fun!
Challenge one was "big picture." It turns out I like this one...I had a few in my gallery already in this style, I just didn't know it!

Challenge number 2 was "collage," which was very difficult for me. I like clean and simple, and collages are, by nature, full of lots of odds and ends. But I ended up having a blast, and my layout was even chosen as "layout of the day" on thedigichick.com, so that really encouraged me :)
The third challenge was "contemporary," which means simple, geometric, bright colored...basically think "Ikea" and you'll have it. I loved this one, too!


So there you have it!! :)

No comments: