Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Who'da Thunk

I was laughing to myself a few minutes ago, thinking how amusing it is that I, Charlene, have a "gallery." And that I am now a "designer."

See, I hated art class. I struggled all the way through it. I never really found myself to be creative, and my teachers tended to agree. They liked me, because I was a good student, but art and english were definitely my weakest subjects. Well, that and gym class.

And now, look at me! I scrapbook with all of my free time. I create. I play. I have fun. I design, and put those designs in a store. What changed?

Well, for one thing I have a super-supportive husband who thinks everything I touch turns to gold. That's a great start. And I think maybe the parable of the talents applies here...I worked with the talents God gave me, so he blessed me with a new one. (does that mean it's okay that I don't play clarinet hardly at all anymore, or should I be still playing occasionally to not lose the original talents???)

Here are the two layouts I did today.

This is pictures from yesterday morning, before she spent the rest of the day sleeping (poor baby is sick. Just a fever, but it's really made her quiet and subdued.) She's wearing a dress from a friend in India (who we've never met but he and his wife like to bless us with these fancy, fun dresses) and showing off in the mirror. (Credits: everything is from Shabby Princess' 'Sweet Serenity' kit except the black paper, which is from Claudia Campbell's 'Black Magic' kit (liddysloft.com))


These are very old pictures, but some of my favorites of her. Such a cutie!! This is a scraplift of jorgie5's Pumpkin Patch

Flower from Faith True's "Cool Linen" kit
Stitching and staples from Jan Crowley's "Little Black Dress" kit
all else from Amy Knepper's "Darling Dreamer" kit
Fonts: Artistamp Medium, 1942 Report

No comments: