Monday, January 22, 2007

The countdown has begun!

According to the doctor's due date for me (2/19), I'm now 36 weeks pregnant. And if this one weighs the same as Jasmine s/he is likely close to 8 pounds now. Unbelievable!

We finally bought diapers this weekend, and I have a ton of newborn clothes and receiving blankets, waiting to get washed and sorted (though I won't spend much time sorting, since Jasmine thinks they're so cool!)

Overall, I'm feeling good. I'm getting more achy if I don't move for a long time (like during the night) and the baby is making sure I use the bathroom every couple hours, but I'm sleeping well (or as well as Jasmine permits) and feeling good over all. Just wishing Jasmine and I could get rid of this silly cold. She's much worse than I am, but I still don't enjoy the cough!

And I'm definitely starting to nest. I've done some interesting arranging/organizing things over the last week or so, and I'm getting more concerned about keeping things neat and clean. Not that you'd know it if you saw the apartment now, but I'll get working on it after Jasmine's long nap this morning :)

Oh, and for those who have asked...I have thought all along that this one is a boy. We'd both be completely thrilled either way...but I just think this one's a boy. Which means we should make sure we're happy with the name we have picked out (I think we are, and I hope we won't be in the hospital holding him, saying "are you sure he looks like a ______???") We have a girl's name that we love, which is funny since the same was the case with Jasmine, though with her we were never even close to having a boy's name. I'll just tell you: it's not Jackson (can't you hear that? Jasmine and Jackson???), it's not Dirk (Dirk Virkler!!) and it's not Joshua Junior. ;)


So...has anyone met anyone who had a very late first baby (Jasmine came 2 weeks late), whose mom has a history of late babies (10 out of her 11 were late, and Justin would have been, had he not been a C-section due to complications), who actually didn't go late the second time around? I'm planning on having this baby at the end of February, but I wouldn't mind if s/he decided to show up earlier. I can't wait to meet this baby!!

I had it all figured out...my grandma's birthday is on Wednesday. If I had the baby then, then both of our children would be born on 80th birthdays of their great-grandmothers. It was perfect that Jasmine was born on Josh's grandma's birthday since she's named after her, but it would be pretty cool if this one wanted to follow suit. I'd be utterly shocked, but it's a cool thought :)


I should have a scrapping update shortly...

No comments: