Thursday, May 03, 2007

Haven't updated in "longtime"!

Jasmine's newest phrase now is "longtime." I'm not sure where she picked it up, and have no idea whether she means it's been a long time, or she wants to do ____ (usually sleep!) for a long time. Or maybe that she's been asking for a long time. Whatever she means by it, we get a charge out of it every time.
We're getting moved in, and there are drastic changes every day as we keep chipping away. Still have curtains to hang, a dozen boxes on the main floor to deal with, and a few more in our bedroom that we have to figure out. But there are books on the shelf, DVDs in the case, the kitchen is done, and it's starting to feel like we really do live here.
It took Jasmine a few days before she'd call this "home," but she does now. She loves the steps and asks to go up and down numerous times a day. She could go on her own safely, but she likes to have someone else go with her. I don't mind because it means she's very cautious, but there are times I wish she'd just go on her own.
The neighborhood is so quiet! There are only about a dozen houses on the street, and though it's not a dead end, the only people to drive live in one of the houses (or are visiting someone who lives here). Kids like to play hockey in the street, which tells you how quiet it is. I don't mind...hockey's quiet!

I've made a couple pages since I posted last (It's easier to scrapbook than to type when both girls are asleep in my arms). Here they are! As always, you can see them in my gallery at TDC if you want the long list of credits :)


I guess I'm not quite done yet. Did anyone else grow up on "Music Machine"? I have it on right now (a birthday present from Josh), and my favorite song is on: "Have patience." I always loved this song, maybe not the message quite so much!
I'm on another creative team now! Jenna Nelson, who's an absolute sweetie (she was on my creative team when I was selling my designs) has started designing for sale, and I jumped at the chance to join her team. Both of the layouts above have "Thrift Shop Date Labels" on them, which she made...they're just so cute. I love having dates on my layouts but don't always want something big and obtrusive, so I think I'll be using these all over the place now :)

1 comment:

Alice said...

Wow! Your house is beautiful! I love the ceiling in the girls' bedroom!

We has Music Machine tapes when we were little. Funny!