Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Late Discoveries

Appropriate title because it's too late for me to be posting (this will be short)

Have you ever discovered something much later than the rest of the world? I've spent most of my life doing just that. I grew up loving the Beatles (and was born the year John was killed). I didn't discover Frasier until probably the 6th season. I used to think Calvin and Hobbes was a silly comic strip about a spoiled boy (I now own every book and think it's genius).
My latest discovery (thanks, mom): Quantum Leap. What an awesome show! We're on the second season, and really enjoying the twists and turns. I want to call people up after an episode and say "can you believe it???" but it was on in 1990, so most people who don't have the seasons on DVD would barely remember what I was talking about.

Anyways, tonight's episode made me really nervous as I watched, because it's exactly what one of my recurring dreams is. He's supposed to play a concert in Carnegie Hall and doesn't know what he's doing. I have dreamed many, many times about concerts I've never seen music for. Thankfully this one ended well, making me hopeful that if I dream about that again, it will end as well for me too!

Okay, Josh just discovered I'm writing this, which means it's time for prayers and off to bed!!

No comments: