Monday, July 07, 2008

Fireworks

I learned on the afternoon of the 4th how to take pictures of fireworks. So we went, after telling Josh's family we weren't going to see any, armed with my camera and tripod.

The girls loved it! We were far enough away that the noise wasn't too bad, and we could see three "official" shows and various (illegal) home-shows too! Here are a few pictures I got. I'm hoping to play around with my camera in dark-situations like this again before next year, but I'm pretty excited about how they came out!




Oh! And I totally forgot! My friend Dani at TDC made me a layout of my beautiful girls. You can see it here.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Nice photos! You have A Nikon, right? Could you tell me your settings and lens. I took some but they didn't come out like I wish they would of.

Charla said...

I wrote a comment in your blog, but in case anyone else wants to know:

Yup, I have a Nikon D40! I used my tripod, and used my 50mm f/1.8 lens, with a shutter speed of 30 seconds, aperture 11. Hope that helps!

Kelly said...

Beautiful Photos Charlene!