Sunday, August 03, 2008

Mama Mia!

It seems to be the "thing to do," to write about going to see Mama Mia. So, since I saw it yesterday, I guess it's my turn!!

Yesterday, Josh's mom, Charity (my sister-in-law) and I went out to Perkins for lunch and then to see Mama Mia. I was so excited. I haven't been to a movie in ages, and what a great thing to do on a 'girls' day out!'

Perkins was delish as always. (funny side note: since I stopped nursing the girls, my appetite has definitely gone back down to what it used to be, pre-kids. For awhile I was consistently eating as much as Josh did, but now I have to serve myself less or I leave a bunch on the plate. Pet peeve of mine!)

And the movie....fantastic. It was a little cheesy at times (some of the dances and song-placement was, um, forced, to put it nicely) but I thought they had the perfect cast for it, the songs are so much fun (but I've liked ABBA since I lived in Turkey and heard them all the time there), and the scenery was amazing!! Oh my goodness, I want to go to that island!! Greece is very cool from the tiny bit I saw (Komotini to get my work visa) but that was one of the most beautiful places I've seen.

Unfortunately, Pierce Brosnan didn't sound at all like I thought he should. With the suave personality he always shows, he looked like he'd have a trained (or at least baritone) voice. So to hear this thin, tenor voice just didn't fit. The others sounded good, but I think he got the part for his acting (and face!) and not the voice :)

But I left feeling happy, and to me, that's the mark of a good movie. So I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD (or put it on my Christmas list!) :)

No comments: