Monday, April 04, 2011

Birthdays

It's my birthday!
I love birthdays. So here's a list!

1. My birthday is lovely double digits (4-4-77. Yeah, I'm 34). This is my 5th double-digit celebration...4-4-11 is pretty cool too! I hope there are a bunch of babies who come today who can enjoy the same joy I have :)

2. There's no snow. That's wonderful news. There's about a 60% chance of snow on my birthday (just pulled that number out of the air because research on the topic sounds boring) so I'm relieved when there's no snow.

3. Jasmine and Bekah went with Josh on Saturday to pick out my birthday presents from them. Jasmine thought clothes would be good...specifically pants. Josh nixed that, but said shirts would work. So they each chose a shirt from Old Navy. I'll have them take pictures later today, when my flash batteries are charged back up.

4. Josh took me to a romantic comedy ("Just Go With It") and then to Salvatore's for dinner. The best part was that they put us in the same table that we ate at on the night he was planning to propose (but couldn't because the ring wasn't ready until the next day).


5. The girls also chose their cards for me. Jasmine picked out "the best one they had," which she chose for the front, but the inside was good enough to make me cry. She's such a sweetheart!

6. I got an email this morning that I almost classified as spam. But it wasn't! It was from futureme.org, and it was an email I had written to myself in 6/08. It was great! I had a precious Jasmine story in there:

My favorite Jasmine story right now happened about a week ago: she fell out of bed in the middle of the night, and said "excuse me! help?!" so Josh helped her back up. A few minutes later she fell out again, and said, "not again!!"

 7. I'm having a good birthday. Hudson just fell asleep leaning on my arm. I love his snuggles.

8. Trying to decide what I want for lunch...

9. Happy Double-Digit Day!

No comments: