Friday, April 15, 2011

The Zoo

The zoo came here today.

Bekah and Hudson woke up at 6, holding hands to come get us up. So sweet. Too early, but so sweet.

Jasmine came down while we were eating breakfast, but it was too early for her. She demanded a blanket and went back to sleep on the couch.

So Hudson patiently waited for his presents (because he forgot that it was his birthday. I love two-year-olds!) until she woke up and Josh had his shower. He loves them.
 Especially this one.


Josh had to go to the chiropractor first thing this morning. he texted me that the truck from Lowe's was coming to deliver our fence.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the message. Until well after the fact.

The guy dropped off the fence. I signed for it. All was well and good.

Josh came home after stopping by the office, and a few minutes later his dad got here. They got right to work.

As did I. I had two photo shoots scheduled; one at 10 and one at 1:30.

So the house got tidied, the floor got swept so as not to kill my beautiful new white background paper, and I waited.
And waited.
and waited.

She forgot. So we rescheduled for afternoon, so I could use her daughter WITH the other kids coming. That works.

Then my package of my first thank-you notes arrived. I was thrilled!
Until I saw that I had ordered the wrong thing. I now have 125 "thank you" photos with envelopes. If anyone would like to buy some for...I don't know...something...contact me. I wrote to the company, heard that it was my mistake, and sadly ordered the right thing. *sigh*

I started to pull out ingredients to make cuppycakes for Hudson, but we didn't have cocoa. So the ingredients continue to sit on the counter. Mom would be appalled. 

We had a yummy lunch (bagels and cream cheese!) and Josh and his dad went back out to work. The kids wanted to play out there too, and came back in when the kids got here for pictures.

We took a ton of pictures. There was much giggling.

No, it was far more than giggling. They were new best friends.

So we let them play until the second family came. They actually came back quite willingly and got right to work.
And there was even more giggling and more pictures taken.


The kids said goodbye, our kids went back outside and ran. and ran. and ran.

Hudson finally came inside and asked me to take off his sneakers and wanted a snack. He fell asleep on my shoulder, tortilla in hand.

Bekah managed to finish her tortilla before she, too, succumbed to the beauty of an afternoon nap.

It's now 5:45.
There are no cupcakes in or out of the oven. There is no pizza crust rising. Josh and his dad are still hard at work on the fence. I have 18 different letters, all waiting to be cropped and edited, and eventually extracted. I did the starting steps on three and stopped out of complete exhaustion. I have between 5 and 10 more sessions in the works, so I can't let myself get behind or they'll never make it out of Picasa. And all I do in Picasa is flip through galleries. So that won't do!

I think it's going to be a night for Ted's Hot Dogs and some cupcakes from Wegmans.
Once the naps are over, that is!

P.S. The fence is complete. The naps, however, aren't. Hopefully they'll wake up when Josh says "Ted's!"

No comments: