Friday, June 29, 2007

Loose Ends


Somehow I forgot to post a picture of what the garden looked like when everything was in it! It looks a bit different now because two of the flowers look, um, nearly dead (Monty Python, anyone?). Hopefully they'll make it, but I'm pleased that the pansies and most of the others are doing better. The cooler weather should help a bit!

Also, on the right side of this blog (or following the link), you can see my "101 in 1001" list. I've been working on updating it, and finally went through and cleaned up the look of it. I'm more than 1/3 of the way through the list, with a number of them in the works, and still have a lot of time left. What fun!

Our Nikon camera (Coolpix 5400) stopped working back in November (you may remember pictures with lines and lots of purple) so we looked online to find out if this was a normal problem. Apparently there was something wrong with a component of it, and many cameras (not just Nikons) were affected by it. So gradually the companies were offering recalls to get the problem fixed; we just had to wait for them to decide ours was one of the ones needing the repair.
They finally did this spring, but we wanted to wait until we moved to send it in, so it didn't get sent back to the apartment.
It came back Wednesday! It looks all shiny and new, and the pictures look great again.

I love our other camera (we got a fun one that takes fantastic videos, a must with two young girls!) but it doesn't offer as much for trying to learn the manual settings. Ultimately, I'd like a Rebel or some other SLR camera down the road, but I need to learn how to use manual settings before we fork over the $800 for that!! (of course, earning the $800 could be a part of the holdup too!) so I'm glad to have a camera I can learn on once again.
Here are two of the pictures I took yesterday.

No comments: