Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Two-year old in me

Jasmine likes to build with her Duplo-style blocks, and she enjoys having company while she does it.
But that brings out the two-year old in me. And no, I don't mean the ultra-creative, not-afraid-to-try-unusual-things two-year old. I mean the "I want to do it my way" side.

I like neatness and order. If I had my way, I'd sort out all the pieces by size and color, and then work methodically so that the colors balanced, everything was well-constructed, and it was neat.

But Jasmine doesn't want that! She likes to pick up a piece and put it wherever she feels like it. Just the way she should at this age.

But I can't do it my way then!! So I get a little frustrated (and then remind myself that she's the two-year old, not me) and dream of a day when she's playing with something else and I can build something my way. Someday. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I can relate. When I play Legos with Henry I'm really just sorting and separating the blocks into organized groups. I tell him that I'm the store and to just ask me what blocks he needs.

cute video, love how she's got the baby strapped to her and her leg kicks!