Saturday, June 09, 2007

"Take Your Child To Work Day" gone bad

You know, it's funny to me that people would think of "take your child to work day" as a good thing to try, after watching Mary Poppins and seeing how horribly it can turn out.

Jasmine has been watching Mary Poppins (or "Poppins," as she calls it. She has one-word titles for every single one of her movies, which occasionally change!) a lot lately. She would have it on all day, every day, if I let her, but obviously I don't. Hopefully I'll get a video soon of her doing a dance. She says "step" when she does it, or "Chim Chim," so it's Bert's dance, not Mary Poppins', like I originally thought. (she puts something, used to be her little umbrella until it died, now whatever she can find) on her shoulder, and steps and kicks. It's really, really cute)

What a sweet movie. There are some fantastic lines!

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever."

"Never judge things by their appearances, even carpetbags. I'm sure I never do."

"Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they're rather stupid." (don't necessarily agree, but it's pretty funny)

"A group of colonists, dressed as red indians, threw the tea overboard, making it unsuitable for drinking, even for Americans."

Have a fantastic weekend!


No comments: