Sunday, October 28, 2007

He Found It!!!

I had virtually given up hope.
Josh bought me beautiful diamond earrings for Mother's Day. Simple studs with a beautiful shine. I wore them all the time.
When I wasn't wearing them, they were on his dresser (since I don't have one). Not a good idea.
I found one on the floor (this was a couple months ago now) but the other was nowhere to be seen.
We took a flashlight up and looked around the carpet. We didn't vacuum anywhere near the dresser. But nothing.
I didn't tell people because it was just too sad to tell them that I'd lost one of my earrings. I considered asking for a replacement for Christmas, but that would have been a significant chunk of my present and it still would have been sad. So I wasn't sure what to do.

This morning we changed our summer clothes over to winter clothes (*sniff*) and when he was putting away all his summer socks, he found it, hiding in his sock drawer!!!

So my weekend was just made much, much sweeter.

********

Josh had a good birthday yesterday. We tried to go bowling but got there after the open bowl times ended and the leagues were about to start, but we had fun anyways. He's 28, which is 2 years older than I was when we met. (and I'm 7 years older than he was when we met!!)

No comments: