Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rebekah's Dedication

(or: The Bonnet Almost Made Us Late)

I spent a bunch of time Saturday night, looking for Bekah's bonnet. Didn't find it. We were all set for Sunday morning, having our clothes all set out and the timing of everything planned.

But instead of taking the time to do my hair, I spent far too much time scouring the house, looking for her bonnet.

I had brought in the diaper bag last weekend and washed all the clothes that were in it or had ended up in the car. (spare clothes in case of emergencies) But no bonnet in the baskets. Or Jasmine's toy baskets. Or in the diaper bag.

I gave up. We headed out with barely enough time. I was buckling Jasmine into her carseat, and saw their bag of toys, and thought, "hmm. I should check there, too, just in case." Guess what was in there???

We got to the end of our street and realized that we hadn't brought water for Jasmine. So we turned around and grabbed that.

We arrived at church 2 minutes before the service started. *phew*

I pulled the camera out of the diaper bag and hoped someone could take pictures for us. When we were up front I saw it in Phillip's hands, so I didn't think about it again.

Until I sat back down and he informed me it was "full." HUH??

Oh. The memory card was sitting in the computer from the last time we loaded pictures. Rats.

Tim (my brother-in-law) got a few pictures on his cell phone, but they were small and not terribly clear. But at least we had something!

Amy took pictures at the party afterwards, and sent them to us as soon as we left. So all the pictures in the layout at the bottom of this post were from the two of them.

I had a strange realization. I stood up on the platform next to my husband, each of us holding one of our daughters. And I realized: this is my family! Yes, my parents and siblings will always be family too, but first and foremost, Josh, Jasmine and Rebekah are my family.


Anyways, it was a fun time with family, a neat time to dedicate Rebekah to the Lord, and a nice day overall.

For anyone who hasn't already heard me tell the story: she wore the same dress Jasmine wore for her dedication, and that Vivian wore at hers. So, not only is it beautiful, it's a special family tradition now!

Okay, here's the page I made of the day.

(click on it to see it in the gallery with the credits)

No comments: