Friday, September 14, 2007

Yankees Top Ten List

Okay, this may be my most outspoken post yet.

It's nearly postseason. You may have noticed the "Yankees Magic Number" ticker on the left side of our blog, counting down how many games left before Yankees win the AL East title. But as there are only 16 games left, we have to win all of them, and Boston has to lose 6 besides (or Boston could lose all 16 of theirs and then we'd only have to win 6, or somewhere in between) for us to get the title, we may need to be content with Wild Card.
But, since it's been the Wild Card winner to make it to the World Series the past few years (or so it seems at this moment; I don't feel like doing the needed research to see if that's accurate), maybe that's not such a bad thing.

So here is my top 10 list of things I can say at this point in our season, as a Diehard Yankees Fan.

10. People can no longer call me a fair-weather fan.
9. "Buying the best players" doesn't guarantee success. (besides, they can't tell us we just buy our players anymore, since Wang, Cano, Melki, Mo, Jeter and Posada are from our farm team)
8. Roger Clemens is as close to a prima donna as anyone one our team. Not too shabby.
7. "Good pitching stops good hitting" is true...but why can't we have good pitching and good hitting on our team, all at the same time?
6. A-Rod deserves MVP again this year. Even if he is a Yankee. I hope he does get a World Series ring this year, though.
5. It ain't over 'til it's over. We still have a shot at the AL East, but we'll definitely make post-season.
4. I'm proud of them, in spite of their less-than-stellar year.
3. I shouldn't have made this a top-10 list since I'm stuck now.
2. Go Jeter!
1. Sometimes even a "My First Yankees T-shirt" on Bekah doesn't help.


*edit: I'm realizing that I am very, very stressed about "my Yankees" right now. I am taking it personally, doing anything I can that will help them to win. Putting Bekah in her Yankees clothes, watching/listening to the games, paying attention to stats...of course it doesn't affect anything, and it is "just a game," but it's my game, and they're my team. I want them to do as well as they're capable of, to give them something to be proud of.
So if this rubbed you the wrong way, I'm sorry. Just please don't say anything bad about them, not right now. I think I would have a hard time handling it.
:)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Poop on the Yankees...GO TIGERS!!! :)