Monday, September 03, 2007

Pronouns and other hard lessons

It's late, Bekah has fallen asleep and I really, really need to join her.

But I wanted to write quickly about our darling Jasmine, and how much fun it is to watch her as she conquers our bizarre language.

For a long time she said "nee hewp" (need help). But now it's "I help you," which is really what she wants us to say to her. And "I read to you" means, um, she's not the one doing the reading.

Pronouns are hard! I think learning Jesus Loves Me, along with a few of the signs in it, is helping, as she is pointing to herself for the word "me." But it really is a complex concept!

Along the lines of "Jesus Loves Me," she's become quite the prayer warrior. Tonight she put her hand to Josh's forehead and said "Hurts? Lotion? Better?" and then "prayed" (a whisper, most of which is unintelligible), and then "amen." (Josh and I both got a little too much sun today). What a sweetheart! She is so aware of the needs of others, very un-two!

No comments: