Friday, May 05, 2006

Catching Up

It's Friday, the day to wrap things up. So the fact that I realized I haven't written here in awhile (thanks for missing me, Karen!) and that I have a challenge to keep up with, as well as other things, it's time to try to catch up.
I'm a part of an online friend's 10-week challenge she calls "the journey on my knees" This week I am focusing on:
"Take this week to reflect on your personal walk with the Lord. Where have you been? Where are you now? What have you learned over the past days/months/years as a Christ follower? What have been some big struggles? Some of your greatest joys? Do you find it easy to have faith and trust in God? How often do you spend time alone focusing on God? Are you still looking for God?"

Let's see.
It's kinda hard to put my walk into words. Since Jasmine was born, life is much less structured than it was before her (my choice as much as hers) So I don't usually take time to read on my own. But Josh and I read together...usually he reads while I nurse Jasmine, which is a really neat part of our day. I love spending time talking to the Lord (his dad teaches a course on hearing God's voice and Josh and I both love that we can get clear answers from Him when we take the time to listen) but don't always take the time to do it.

So I know what I need to do, but I'm not always (or even usually, if I'm completely honest) good about doing it.

What have I learned lately from Him? That He has more in store for us than we are ready to handle right now. I believe this to mean as a family (i.e. Jasmine's not going to be an only child), in our finances, and in our own personal lives. I'm excited about that, and we're taking steps toward seeing the financial part come to pass, but it's easy to forget and get carried away in the day-to-day happenings, and forget to let Him show us the bigger picture.

More later, on other topics.

No comments: