Monday, March 05, 2007

Scrapping Question, a couple little things, and a BIG THING!

Little story first...

Jasmine likes to close the door, putting her on the other side from the rest of us. Then she calls out to whoever is on the other side to come "rescue" her, since she can't open turn the knob yet (praying it takes awhile for her to get that figured out). Saturday it was "Daddy!" and once "Grandpa!'
She did it again at lunch, and Josh wasn't right there to open it for her. So she tried to get someone else to come help: "Bekah! Baby!" For some reason, that didn't work either, but it was a great try.

And now for the question (and an explanation):
I'm working on something new and (I think) very cool scrapping-wise. I'm making a baseball kit to kick of the baseball season. It was going to be just word art, but then I kept thinking of other things to add, so it's far from just being word art anymore.
But now I'm starting to wonder if my idea is clever or just something people would think was weird. So I'm asking you for your input.
Baseball teams' colors are so varied, there is no way to come up with neutral enough papers that would work for anyone's teams. But I'm not going to make it so only Yankees fans could use it. As much as I love my team, that seems just slightly short-sighted.
So I'm in the process of creating "papers" that can be turned into whatever colors (at this point they'd be limited to two colors unless you played with it a lot more) you wanted.
Would this be something that is just too much of a pain for people to use, or is this a really cool idea that you'd love to try? Or somewhere in the middle?

I have one more scrap-related question for you. If you were looking for a CT, would you apply for one whose designer was designing but wasn't in an actual store? I'm not sure if this is a reasonable time to look for a CT, so that when I find a store (or get chosen for one) I have one established, or if I should just wait and get one after I have a place to sell (other than my lonely website).

Please give me your thoughts! I appreciate it muchly :)

And here's a layout I did a couple days ago for a "grunge" challenge (which was so much fun, but hard because I lean more towards the "clean" look):
You can read about it and see the credits here.

And our huge news: We're getting a house! We put in an offer, and after a couple counters, we have a deal! The closing date is April 20th, and then it's ours :) I'm so excited. We fell in love the first time we walked in, and when we saw it again on Saturday, we knew it really was as perfect as we imagined it to be.

There's a nice backyard for Jasmine to play in. There are no neighbors to worry about bothering (well, houses nearby, but no one living directly above us). No collecting quarters for laundry. No more cable included, but Josh and I are talking about getting mlb.com for the season, since that's all we watched on cable anyways.

I'm so happy!!!

Wanna see??






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous house, with lots of space and light! Nathalie

Tamra said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and the family :) Beautiful house!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the new house!! That is AWESOME!!! I really like your baseball kit idea. Kind of like a build your own kit. This is great for scrapping Tee-ball pictures where the uniform colors change every year. As for the CT...if you are selling your kits now on your website, it can't hurt to have a couple of CT members giving you more exposure!

meems said...

house looks fabulous! congrats!
as for the baseball kit idea, I think people would go for it. I'm not a baseball fan but I think people would like to have the baseball elements AND be able to use the colors of their choice.

For the CT question, for me it wouldn't matter if the designer were in a store or not, I just like the free kits :). For the designer, I think it would help to get their designs more known if she's looking for a shop.

Good luck with everything!

Deena said...

Congrats!! Its a gorgeous house!!