Monday, March 26, 2007

Kokomo

This past weekend was TDC's first birthday. We had a ton of challenges to participate in, and I made it a personal goal to see just how many I could get done. (this time I decided against trying for the posting challenge, which was a good choice, since I scrapped the entire weekend and the winner had over 700 posts in 48 hours!!!)
A few of the layouts I made had Tamra Burwick's new kit: "Kokomo." I really had fun with this kit and the 70s feel to the colors; I love when I'm stretched, using colors I don't normally gravitate to, especially when I really get into it. I ended up wanting to make a layout with a picture from the late 70s, so the oranges and browns were perfect!!


This layout was for a "once upon a time" challenge. I've wanted to do something with this picture of me for ages, but haven't had the right push to do it. I was 3 1/2 here, putting Lamby in my overalls so I could be pregnant like my mom! You can read the journaling here.
This is from a "time traveler" challenge; find a picture from a different decade and do a layout in the colors of that decade. This is mom holding me, summer of 1977 (dad scanned in this slide and gave me the file, calling it "Jan and baby" because he wasn't sure who it was, but I think the red hair on the baby is a dead giveaway :) (font: mojo std)

No comments: