Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Zoo

We had a rough morning yesterday, for a variety of reasons. Josh and I were both discouraged about different things we were trying to figure out, and Jasmine was bored at home. So he came home at lunchtime, and I suggested that he take the afternoon off and take us to the zoo. The weather was ideal...the high was supposed to be 61, but it got up to 65! The sun came out...it was gorgeous! And our moods were lifted...we came home happy and relaxed.
But before I show you a layout, I have to tell you Jasmine's story.
When we were having a snack before bed, Jasmine was sitting in my lap, and Josh asked her if we had gone to the zoo. What followed was her first honest-to-goodness conversation.

Josh: Did we go to the zoo?
Jasmine: Zoo!
Josh: What did we see there?
Jasmine (quiet for a minute, then): zebra!
Josh: Yes! We saw a zebra! What else was there?
Jasmine: Ummm....Tent (elephant)
Josh: Yes! Elephant! What else?
Jasmine: Ummm...tigger!
Josh: Yes, we saw a tiger. what did the tiger say?
Jasmine: rawr
(he did roar, too)
Josh: Yeah! What else did we see today?
Jasmine: ummm...bears!

She then repeated zebra and elephant...forgot about the giraffe until I suggested it. Which is funny, since that's the first thing we saw!
Here are layouts I've done today:
You can see the credits here.

Credits here.

No comments: