Monday, November 26, 2012

Carols

I love Christmas music.
Yes, this is the same person who, when I first met Josh, couldn't handle listening to any of it. Years of working retail and hearing the same few songs sung 18 different ways soured me for awhile. I could only handle "White Christmas" and "Do you hear what I hear" so many times before I snapped.


But now that memories of slicing rye bread until 10 p.m. are dim, I play Christmas music nonstop from Thanksgiving to Christmas day. But it's MY music, not the radio.

We're now up to 290 songs and 17 hours of music in the Christmas playlist. I split it in half: one half for the computer, the other half on my iPod. That way I make sure the variety keeps going.


But it still doesn't guarantee anything. I did a little looking last night and discovered a fun almost-countdown:



There are 10 versions of What Child Is This/Greensleeves.
8 versions of O Come All Ye Faithful (one is in Latin)
6 songs mentioning the word "night"
5 recordings on Joy to the world
Two versions of  O Come, O Come Emmanuel
3 (The) Christmas Songs
The Halls are Decked twice
and ONE "Hippopotamus"

*photos are from last year. I haven't taken fun ones yet. They'll be coming.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the photos, esp. the 1st one and I may have to try that when our tree is up! :)