Wednesday, September 08, 2010

First Day of School

I have a kindergartener.

I'd be much more weepy about this if I had to put her on a bus. I'd be an absolute basketcase, actually.
I keep seeing school buses go by and sniffing, thinking how much I'd miss having her gone all day. (all schools around here are full-day kindergarten) Bekah would walk around like she'd lost her shadow. Hudson would be so confused. And I'd be lonely.
I should take some first-day-of-school pictures to capture who she is right now...one tooth missing, one tooth getting very loose, legs getting so long, baby fat leaving her adorable face...
Of course, we're taking today off of school, because she's sick. Just a head cold, but she's not up to school.
And we've been doing school since mid-May.

When she does her reading lesson today or tomorrow, she will have finished the first grade books in the Amish readers we've been using. She and Bekah have already learned about the sun, the moon, dinosaurs and the days of Creation, and we're now learning about leaves. We've found a math curriculum we all love.

But other than that, it's a typical first day of school. Or something like that.

Here's someone else's first day of school picture:

My first day of first grade. Don't you just love the Holly Hobby lunchbox? And the dress that Jasmine has worn (and already outgrown)??

No comments: