Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Looking for advice

I'm sorry that the "books" post was the same thing I'd posted the day before. I was messing with Amazon links and forgot to give anyone a heads-up. Just deleted the old post. Which means people might have thought they were going crazy.
They weren't.

;)

So I've been pondering a couple things on my 101list.
One of them is "write 10 more stories of my Turkey Memoires." I need to get back into them.
But I have no idea what I'm doing with them. That's part of why I sort of stopped.
What should I do? Share them here? Try to get them published? (ha) Post them as Facebook notes? Start them as viral email forwards?

Also, I've been considering trying to get some of my photos up for sale. Which pictures would you like to see in a store? (not that I'm asking if you'd buy them, unless you want to...)
Here are my strongest pictures. I have a handful of others that just didn't fit the themes for last year's contest, but this gives you a starting point.
Any suggestions of what you've seen people most likely to buy? A package of notecards, all with the same picture? or of 4 cards with different pictures? an 8x10? a poster? Something else entirely?
A friend suggested trying to get my picture(s) up in a local show. I have no idea how to make something like that happen! I know one friend who has done that locally, but I'm kinda nervous to ask her how she did it, worried that she'd look at my stuff and laugh. (yes, I am still that insecure). But maybe I just need to face my fears and talk to her.
But first I'll ask my blog audience and friends and family.

No comments: