Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend

My little ballerinas had a wonderful first class! I really enjoyed watching (through a window, so it wasn't distracting) and they had a great time.

They could hardly wait to go:
And they cooperated and followed directions perfectly.
Jasmine is the oldest one in the class by a bit (the rest are between 3 and 4) but she didn't mind in the least.

Then I went out to see my family. Mom, my sister Vivian, and I went clothes shopping. I am finally able to dress like a 30s woman instead of a 50s woman. I've never paid attention to fashions or what really looks good on me, and I'm rather fashion ignorant. But Mom got me to try a bunch of things I never would have looked at, and I'm happy with what we came out with! Pictures when I can.

And then I got to see my one-and-only nephew, Jabin! He's a month old today. Still a tiny peanut, but a STRONG peanut!!



Pretty cute, isn't he? We certainly wouldn't confuse him with our kids, but I don't look anything like most of my siblings, and certainly nothing like my cousins, so that's not a big surprise!

And today (not technically part of the weekend, I know) I was sorting through the box of clothes-for-Hudson-to-grow-into and came across the little coat from our friends in India. I realized it would actually fit him now! So I put all three kids in Indian clothes, and we're doing a unit on India this week for school. Yay for kindergarten and flexibility!
My little prince.

With my beautiful princesses.

Somehow I doubt they'll ever be mistaken for Indian children, but at least their clothes are authentic!

No comments: