Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ethnic Cousine #1: Irish

Last night Josh and I went to a local restaurant and one that was a new country's food. Sure, we've had corned beef and cabbage, but I don't count that. To me that's like saying you've had Italian food after only eating pizza. I wanted something that felt more authentic. It's the way I am.

So we went to an Irish Pub downtown.
It was very quiet, which isn't a bad thing when we're on a date!

We decided to order from the 'real' Irish food column.
Josh got the Irish stew (cooked in Guiness, so very rich):

and I got the Irish breakfast:

(two kinds of bacon??? as well as two kinds of sausage, and two eggs and baked beans...that's some serious protein there!)

And some cool bread:


It wasn't even slightly sweet, though the color and texture made me expect otherwise. It was good, though.

We really liked it, both the food and the pub itself. We'll definitely go back!

1 comment:

Sinead said...

yum! It looks pretty good! The two kinds of bacon look to be American bacon and Irish rashers. Irish rashers are thicker with a big wide bit of bacon. YUM! The bread is Irish soda bread (what we just call brown bread), which is kinda dry, but YUMMO with a slather of butter or jam on it. Man, now you're making my mouth water! And the sausages...yum.

The stew looks pretty good, too, though we never make it with Guiness. That's for drinking. ;)