Monday, September 27, 2010

New fall traditions

We're gradually adding new traditions to our lives. Yesterday was the start of a new one:
Apple picking!
But first we went to a Wildlife Festival that was going on not too far from the apple farm. We saw a Police Dog demonstration, a demonstration about monkeys, and got to get up close to a bald eagle named Liberty.

"you can make me sit next to her, but you can't make me like it!"
Then it was time for the apple farm.

I loved it because I could take pictures while Josh and the kids picked apples. I think I picked about 6. I was much more worried about capturing the moment.


Hudson was happy with his apple. He kept it pressed against his chest when it wasn't in his mouth, so he ended up with a huge wet spot on the front of his shirt. But it kept him happy...until it got dirty and had to be cleaned off again. You would have thought the world was coming to an end.


See...I did pick a couple! (obviously Josh took this picture, not me)
These weren't our apples; just pretty photo ops.

They had a little maze and mountain made of hay bales for the kids to play on/in/around. What a great way to burn off energy! Jasmine's big thing is playing 'monster,' usually making Bekah be the monster and chase her around. Bekah was a little young to tackle it on her own, though, so I helped her around the hay bales as she happily chased her squealing big sis.

And one more photo op:

No comments: