Saturday, February 10, 2007

#2 He Balances Me

At some point during the night last night, I was thinking about how I used to enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. I've done one since we got married (and helped with a couple at my family's house). Now that we have a toddler and a newborn, it may be awhile before I can do one. I'm okay with that, but someday I'd like to do puzzles again.
My idea of a good time (if I can't go out to a fun restaurant or visit Istanbul, anyways) is to read a book, do jigsaw puzzles, scrapbook...yeah. Pretty exciting stuff. I'm not a loner, but I've always been very independent and don't mind being alone for long periods of time.
Josh's idea of a good time is to snowboard, ride a racing bike, 4-wheel through mud, ski... you get the idea. How did we end up together? God has a great sense of humor and knew that we would look past the surface issues and see how we really did fit together perfectly. (and we have found a few things that we truly had in common before we met...we both went to the same two Carman concerts in the early 90s, which is neat since he was one of our favorite singer/entertainers growing up and how many opportunities would we have to be in the same place at the same time, growing up in separate cities?
Now, he still hasn't gotten me to do any of those things yet, and I haven't gotten him to do my favorite things either, but that's not the point. We complement each other. We balance each other out. And that's a nice feeling!

No comments: