Friday, February 09, 2007

Yeah, I know this isn't a new idea!

I was reading on my friend Bev's blog an idea I thought would be a lot of fun to do myself. So I hope she doesn't mind :)

From now until Valentine's Day, or at least whenever I get a chance to type (which is harder with two who still like to be in my arms!!), I'm going to spend a few minutes writing about the things I love about Josh.

(for anyone who knew me in college and beyond, you might find this funny, since I always said I thought the day was silly. I saw so many men coming in to the supermarket on the 13th and 14th, very stressed, paying 3 times as much (likely much more, actually) on roses and chocolates as they would cost the rest of the year, just hoping to stay out of the doghouse. So we don't do a whole lot on that day, though our first married V-day we went to Casa Loma, which was an unforgettably romantic day!)

#1: He has an amazing way with words

Since we met online, our first communication was via email. For the first week, we hadn't heard each other's voice, or seen more than a couple pictures but we knew each other very well because we were both open as we wrote back and forth. (it's really, really funny that I write this tonight, since being articulate has not been my forte lately, but especially today...) After 2 days of writing, Amy came into the dining room to see me laughing out loud as I read the newest email from Josh. Funny, friendly, and articulate, I fell deeper in love with each email.


Fast-forward to 2007: whenever I have something to write that anyone else will see, I run it past him first. It's fun to get his feedback (and another pair of eyes in case I made any typos), and he can often help me come up with a more concise and meaningful way of putting something (the quintessential example of this: this very post has gone through many revisions after reading it to him!). But my favorite use of his gift is when he sends me emails (or IMs) that make me laugh, cry or feel all mushy (or all three at once).

No comments: