Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fun List

I saw this on my friend Bev's blog and decided to play along.

Aprons- Y/N? I should get one someday. I make a horrible mess, and it seems like the more it stains (like tomato sauce), the more likely it is that I'll spill it.
Baking- Favorite thing to bake? hmm. something with chocolate in it. anything with chocolate in it, actually.
Clothesline- Y/N? Not in an apartment! Maybe when we get a house, maybe.
Donuts- Ever made them? Two or three times. Made them with Kenny once or twice, and once with Josh, though the oil was old the last time and we both got sick from them. So I'm not in a hurry to make them again, though it was fun and they were delicious!
Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday? Dishes. I want a dishwasher!!
Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer? Not in an apartment!
Garbage Disposal- Y/N? Yes, but it doesn't really work well.
Handbook- Y/N? There's a homemaking handbook? (I'll have to go follow her link and see what on earth this means!)
Ironing- Love it or hate it? I don't mind it when I'm doing it, but I'm dreadfully slow and put it off as long as possible.
Junk Drawer- Where is it? We don't have one, just lots of "hot spots." (sigh)
Kitchen- Design and decorating? Maybe when we have a house!
Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking? Organizing. I love seeing a closet, drawer, shelf or area looking better than it did when I started, and organizing feels slightly more long-term than just cleaning does, which needs to be done again the next day or week.
Mop- Y/N? Not if I can help it!
Nylons- Wash them by hand or in the washer? Definitely the washer (in a lingerie bag)
Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check? Open it to check (no light!)
Pizza- What do you put on yours? pepperoni, ham, bacon and tons of cheese
Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? make scrapbook pages or sleep
Recipe card box- Y/N? I have one, but I have a ton of recipes I need to write on cards so they can be sorted.
Style of house- 2-bedroom apartment. And house-hunting :)
Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N? I have a tablecloth, but usually use placemats because the tablecloth keeps ending up on the floor (thanks, Jasmine). The placemats do too, but they can be replaced with more like it, so I don't have to wash them so quickly.
Under the kitchen sink- Not too bad...just a garbage can and spare bags, I think (unless Josh put something else under there)
Vacuum- How many times a week? one-two, but it could be more since Jasmine likes to snack on crumbly foods around the house!
Wash- How many loads do you do a week? 4-5
X’s- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? Most definitely. I love lists :)
Yard- Who does what? I'll let you know when we have one! Right now maintenance does all of it!
ZZZ’s- What is your last homemaking task for the day? I don't have a specific thing I do at night; depends on what's there/needs to be done.

If you read all of this, consider yourself tagged!

No comments: