Tuesday, June 13, 2006

28-day challenge and other stuff

Nora on TheDigiChick is doing another 28-day challenge. It's said that it takes 28 days to build a new habit, so this is setting aside 28 days to do just that. I'm jumping in, working at drinking 8 8-oz glasses of water a day. I'm on day four, and I've gotten between 7 and 9 so far the first three days. I'm not counting coffee (though it's decaf so it doesn't "negate" my water-drinking), or milk...just water. I'm a little disappointed I'm not quite at 8, but I'm close, so I'll just keep trying and not get down on myself.

I need to call the doctor we're hoping to go to for this baby...I'm nervous and excited. If you pray, please do...after a midwife that let us choose absolutely everything, I'm nervous that this doctor will want to tell us what to do...apparently she has midwives in her practice, and she's very pro-natural birth...but will she let me give birth in the water? Or in any position I want? How late will she let me go? (I'm hoping this one won't be as late as Jasmine, but it's good to be prepared).

I have a book coming that's got great herbal information in it. Apparently even covers what to do to prevent uterine exaustion, which, to the best of my knowledge, is what happened with Jasmine. And anything I can do to make sure my chances of hemmoraging again are lower, I'll do that too. Hope it comes soon. I can't wait to start learning!

No comments: