Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nothing to say, or far too much??

How can I go and babble my heart out in my friend's blog, and then open up mine and not know what to say???

Jasmine decided to take a very late nap (12:15 instead of 10:00) so she's sleeping, Josh is still working, and lunch (tbd) is going to be late. I know what I'm making for dinner (potato soup, recipe forthcoming) but have no clue for lunch. I love pbj when I'm not pregnant, but with Jasmine and again with this one, I have no appetite for it. So I don't know what to do about lunch!!!

Okay, recipe. This is from Michele Osinski

Irish Potato Soup

4 lg potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flower
1 1/2 qt milk
salt and pepper
4 green onions, chopped
1 c sour cream
2 c crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
5 oz grated cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake the potatoes until tender. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly.
Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly. Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the meat and set aside. Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder. When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potato. Add green onion and potato peels. Whisk well. Add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese, a little at a time, until it is all melted in.
Serve with crusty brown bread and fresh butter.

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Sounds good... thanks for sharing. I'd definitely have to add more cheese though. ;)

Deanna said...

yummy Girl..thanx for sharing..Im gonna head into town and get the ingredients...sounds SOOOOO GOOD!