Monday, July 24, 2006

The Case of Too Many Joshes

First of all, Josh has a cousin named Josh. They have different middle names, but there are two Joshua Virklers. Thankfully the other one lives in Florida, so it's not usually an issue. But they put them near each other at his grandma's 80th birthday dinner yesterday, with "the other" Josh's wife between the two of them. It was really funny.

But then this morning, I emailed Josh. Twice. THankfully nothing too personal or silly. Because they accidentally went to my friend, Sara, who is married to a Josh.

I'm so glad I didn't say anything I'm ashamed of...
He wrote to me at 11:30, surprised he hadn't heard from me at all, especially since he could see I wasn't idle (we have Google Talk so we can see if the other is online). He wrote asking why he hadn't heard from me, and I was concerned, then looked in my sent items...oops!!!

So I have to be more careful.

And it makes me want to name my children Jerusha and Elythe, names no one else will have for their kids (these are two names that are in our family that we always threaten to use on our kids because no-one likes them. Elythe isn't too bad, except that it sounds like Elise with a lithp...)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Having always been a fan of Kathryn Elythe...I'm all for Elythe.
It actually kind of reminds me of the last book in the Ann of Green Gables series...the last lines of the book are something like this: "Is it Rilla-my-Rilla?"
"Yeth"...

Since then I've liked lisps...