Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dancing Shoes

Josh bought me dancing shoes! I was practicing in my cute slingbacks yesterday, and realized that shoes make a huge difference. So we found a pair on clearance at DSW and bought them. I love them! They feel so pretty and elegant! I had a blast trying on all the heels with straps, since I wear short heels but have never even tried on anything this tall :)
So if I didn't tower over the guys before, now I really will! (I'm 5'10")

By the way, our first ballroom dancing lesson was great. We're learning the merangue, the cha cha, and swing. Unfortunately, though, she has us constantly switching partners (which makes sense since there are almost twice as many girls as guys). It's very awkward to dance with non-Josh guys (and girls) but I have learned a couple things about my dancing I might not have, had I stayed with Josh all the time.

the weirdest by far was dancing with the pastor...he's not our pastor (it's being held at Josh's old church, so I had never met him) but it's kinda weird to be dancing with any pastor!!

I know I'm partial, but Josh is definitely one of the strongest guys learning. There's one guy who has taken lessons before, so he's good, but Josh is the fastest learner, so that makes me proud. I knew he would be, otherwise I might not have suggested we do it, if I thought he'd be uncomfortable. But he was amazing :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh - how fun Charlene! Now you need someone to take photos while you are dancing!!!

Anonymous said...

:) Love the shoes, I hope you have a great time!

(btw - I will be in Putnam Co. NY)

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I've always wanted to do something like that but Harold is not really in to it.

Oh, and I saw your 2 month pic. I can see your belly bump!

Lacey said...

Ahh...dancing lessons! That sounds like so much fun!

Cute shoes :-)