Thursday, July 27, 2006

First Glimpses

Today has been a rather stressful day. Jasmine hasn't slept well the past three nights (she sleeps great but has a period of about a half hour when she's awake and keeps us both awake too), which has worn me down a bit. And between feeling so good (though that's mostly due to the Goji juice I've been taking...I can't believe how good I feel!) and the fact that I am the same size, or slightly smaller, than I was at this point with Jasmine, all rolled up together made me start to think something could be wrong with the baby.

So I finally swallowed my pride and, risking sounding stupid, called the doctor's office to see if I could get in before my scheduled appointment (next Monday). They set up an appointment for 1:40, so we headed over after lunch. Jasmine spent the time with Josh's parents and had a blast.

We got there and found out the midwife was out delivering a baby, and all the other doctors were booked. So she set up an appointment for 8:00 tomorrow. I started sobbing as we walked to the car...tomorrow felt so far away. After praying with me, Josh went in to see if anyone there could listen for a heartbeat for us, so we could relax (and if not, could we go to the hospital for an ultrasound). He came back out to the car, telling me there's an ultrasound tech in the practice, and if we were willing to wait for a bit. We didn't get in until shortly before 3, but I wasn't as upset at that point because I knew it was coming.

I was very nervous when I got on the table, but my fears were immediately calmed: everything is perfect. The baby is measuring a few days early (hopefully not enough that they'll change my due date, though) and is completely perfect. Heartbeat is 169, good and strong. No problems anywhere!

So I guess chasing and carrying around a 14-month old is keeping me from putting on a belly yet, though I'm sure I'll start showing soon.
And now, without further ado, I present to you the baby we are currently calling "Placido":

4 comments:

Val said...

Hey, this is Val from TDC. Just wanted to say that I read your entry today and was so touched by it! I remember those strong emotions while being pregnant... so good that you have a good hubby to take over and make sure your mind is at rest. Take care, sweetie!

Michelle said...

Awwww - Hi Placido!!
Glad all is well!)

GG said...

Everything will be fine. Hi Placido! Best wishes.
GG

Reformed Mama said...

awww! what a cutie pie HE is!