Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Waiting

I've never liked lessons in patience. I learned in Turkey not to pray for patience, because it always comes at a price: being tested in it. (I needed tons of it in Turkey)

I'm trying sooo hard to be patient about the Creative Team. I've come up with every excuse under the sun, of why I haven't heard anything. I'm trying to convince myself (simultaneously, mind you) that I just may not hear anything at all, and that I'll hear something soon. No wonder I don't believe it; those two things don't exactly mesh!!

So I'll fill my time telling you my I-Hate-Walmart-Registries story.

I don't mind Walmart. I know a lot of people have problems with it, but I think it's a great place to save money.

A few years ago, a girl from my church used them for her bridal registry. Mom and I went, printed out the sheets, and tried to translate their odd descriptions to find the things they wanted. Their inventory isn't the same from store to store, so they didn't have the things we could translate, and the other things were just too weird to figure out what we were looking for (and UPCs didn't help).

I hoped to never experience that again.

Unfortunately, I did. My friend set up her baby registry, there and at Babies R Us. We had to go to Walmart anyhow, so we figured we'd do that at the same time (BRU is not nearly as close to our apartment). After waiting for 5 minutes at the service desk, we found out the registry was at the jewelry counter (can anyone tell me why???) so we walked back there. Over the screen was a sheet of paper: "out of order."
Grrrr.

So we went to Babies R Us last night and bought her her presents there.

Okay, maybe not the most horrible story ever, but I was pretty frustrated with them!!

No comments: